In binding and finishing, any narrow rule, line, or other ornamentation, especially when added to the spine of a book. The term fillet also refers to any tool (such as a hand-held wheel) used to produce such a design.

In graphics, a fillet is any rounded corner.

In typography, the term fillet refers to any arc used to connect two perpendicular lines of a border, providing a rounded edge, or a round corner connecting serifs to main strokes on letters. In this case, it is occasionally spelled filet.

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print