Flood Bar

On a screen printing press, a type of metal or plastic doctor blade which aids in flooding the screen fabric. The flood bar commonly precedes the actual printing stroke and moves the ink in the opposite direction from the squeegee. A flood bar is also called a return blade.

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print