Suction cup-shaped plastic objects, placed beneath a papermaking machine's forming wire, which support the wire and aid in water removal from the paper web passing overhead on the wire. Foils are one of several means of water removal, and can be used instead of table rolls, or in concert with oscillation of the forming wire (called shake).

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print