In typography, to remove space from between two characters so as to cause them to appear closer together. See Kerning. The term kern also refers to the part of a letter (or other character) that hangs over the body of the letter itself, as the top curl on a lowercase "f".

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print