Roller Train

Collective term for the rollers that comprise the inking system in a printing press used in offset lithography. The roller train begins with the ductor roller, which transfers ink from the fountain roller to the oscillators, intermediate rollers (distributors and riders), and the form rollers, the end of the train which transfers the ink to the plate. (See Inking System: Offset Lithography and Offset Lithography.)

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print