To exhange the position of a character, word, line, graphic element, negative, etc., with another. Often used when describing typographic errors, where two letters are inadvertently reversed, such as htis. Such an exchange of position is called a transposition.

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print