Gripper Edge

The edge of a sheet of paper passing through a sheetfed press containing the gripper margin, or, in other words, that edge of the sheet which is grasped by the grippers of the press.

The term gripper edge also refers to the edge of a wraparound printing plate which is secured by the plate clamp.

All text and images are licensed under a Creative Commons License
permitting sharing and adaptation with attribution.

PrintWiki – the Free Encyclopedia of Print